Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: a little help please..  (Read 6481 times)

cmfbalmaceda

a little help please..
« on: June 01, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »
my computer booted normally, 5mins after i logged on to my desktop my computer stopped and went black on the screen.. so i restarted the computer, after windows xp loads, it was all pixelized, its like there was no video card installed, the image was like you were playing nintendo's family computer.. i did nothing yet, and after a while it worked normally again.. and then it happened again, this time when i turn on my computer nothing shows up, just all black.. still i did nothing.. and now, its ok again.. what happened to my computer? is it my video card? or a serious error?? please help.. thanks!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: a little help please..
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 07:09:17 AM »
It could be the vid card going South...
Remove a side panel and remove the card carefully and re-seat it making sure to replace the hold down screw at the top of the card as this is your Ground.
While the cover is off power back up and make sure all fans are operating properly.
See if this helps.
If not you could try re-installing the vid card drivers and if it is still like this it looks like you need a new card...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

midsail

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: a little help please..
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 01:30:01 PM »
    Also try updating the driver, also did u install any new programs lately? If u did try uninstall and see what happens.