Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 563LE LCD Monitor Help  (Read 3052 times)

DjCole

563LE LCD Monitor Help
« on: February 12, 2005, 06:04:49 AM »
Hello all. My wife has a 563LE monitor and it's got a red vertical line on the left edge of the display screen. When it was new this happened and I searched and searched and found the fix but having reloaded her OS the problem is back. I can't find the fix for this problem. It was something obscure. You wouldn't relate it to a display issue but it fixed it. Or atleast I wouldn't have related the 2. I think it was something in accessability or some such. I really can't remember. but this red line is bugging the wife really bad so of course in a round-about way, if you know what I mean, it's bugging me. Anyone experience the same problem or know where I can find some specific help for this? LG has been no assistance what so ever. I know it's an easy fix if I could just remember what I did or where I found it....  thanks in advance for any help

Dave

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: 563LE LCD Monitor Help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 08:07:20 AM »
Have you tried downloading and installing the LATEST drivers for your video card? If not, then check on the video crad manufacturer's website for the drivers... Also, have you tried running a Windows Update by going to http://www.microsoft.com ? Windows Update usually has drivers for hardware, so it SHOULD work... Let me know how thing work out...  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dave Cole

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 08:28:52 AM »
Yes, all updates have been applied from MS, as well the system is running XP w/SP2. All drivers for the videocard and monitor are most current available. The monitor is fine, other than this pixel wide red vertical line extending from the top to the bottom about 1/16" from the left edge of the viewing area. When I originally installed this monitor on her pc when new, it was there. I searched the net and found a fix, after a couple hours of looking. It was a simple click or 2 and it was done. I'm thinking but could be completely wrong that it was in the accessibility settings. Of course I've been through them and the accessibility options in the control panel. Nothing has tweaked my memory and nothing that I've changed has fixed it. I do remember saying to myself, what has this got to do with video in any manner when I did what fixed it last time. It wasn't something you'd associate right off with video. But it did work. It was just turning off or on something I think. Sure wish I could find that piece of paper I wrote it down on a couple years ago... and being a MCSE and the family 'nerd', the wife is getting more and more impatient with me. Anyway, to anyone considering the problem....all drivers are current, MS downloads are current, all hardware is working properly, no issues what so ever with the machine (2G, 512mb RAM, 64MB video, etc) it's just that little red line getting me headed towards the dog house with the wife and it's not even my fault!!!! Thanks for any and all replies... Dave

Dave Cole

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:40:57 AM »
One more thing, I just booted her pc and noticed the red line form the moment the monitor powers up. No windows, no drivers, etc yet. So now I'm thingking I had to change something in the CMOS.... Since there are no drivers loaded yet and windows isn't running but yet that line is there, has to be BIOS/CMOS related.... Looked through the CMOS, didn't see anything that looked like what I might have changed..... Any ideas?
Thanks, Dave