Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with creating a C++ Installer  (Read 3250 times)

youngbucks

Topic Starter

Rookie

Need help with creating a C++ Installer
    « on: June 06, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »
    Ok im new to this and ive read through some beginner books and i have a basic understanding of C++ and im trying to make a installer that will do simple tasks like downloading a file, extract it, and copy files to the specified directory. Is anyone willing to spare some time to help me with this? If so please send me a pm along with your msn. A source code of a installer already made would help too guys, thanks  :)

Spasm

Greenhorn

Re: Need help with creating a C++ Installer
      « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:35:43 AM »
      That actually sounds like it would be more advanced.  I suppose you could use system commands or the Windows API to make it alot easier, but there are lots of installers that use scripts to do what you want.  I think Nullsoft makes a pretty good one if you just need an installer and not the learning experience.

RUBY02

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
        i noticed your having the same problem, i am getting the djgpp to work.
        i am no professional and do not even know what i am doing.   well i know what i am doing and why. i  am not sure it is going to work.  i just have to keep working unitl it does.  i asked the same question you did and got almost the same answer.  i will tell what i decided to do. 
        i knew i was not going to get the program to run unless i explored it.
        i think everyone and their family has worked building, modifying, and inventing
        so i cracked into it and started opening folders and their directories.
        i am finding out the beauty of why everyone is attracted to this program, you can open any folder (just a few you can't) with note pad. 
        i organized them (after all this is a lego*? program) according to function. i have learned a lot about the program it's self. i believe when i do get it up and going i will be able to understand the compiler in more depth.
        in otherwards, do what you want with it.  you can always get another.  just wanted to let you know i am in the same boat.  if you want to know how i have organized let me know.  i have not got it up and running yet.  most of the folders to this program you will begin to find out are information that iis informative to running the program.  you will find out there is a hand ful that run the program.  when you start opening them (if you downloaded them from the delories site), you will notice that all the folders have the same folder names but different (. text). keep a set of those folders. good luck
        if you want to know more let me know
        ruby

Bones92

Hopeful

• Website Designer and Microcontroller Programmer
          • PIC Programming New Zealand
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 11:19:16 PM »
        RUBY02, this person asked for help on June 07, 2008.

It is now July 04, 2008.

Please don't dreg up old threads - not relevant, as there is almost no chance they are still present. However, they can dreg them up if they want, because then they're present.

Thanks