Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I Need Laptop Advice... HELP!  (Read 3069 times)

echinococcosis

Topic Starter

Rookie
    I Need Laptop Advice... HELP!
    « on: June 03, 2008, 10:30:57 PM »
    I’m starting university next year and I have no idea what kind of laptop to get. I’ve never had a laptop before and I’m not sure where to begin as I embark on my epic quest to find one. I’m taking biology, and not completely sure what school related things I’ll need it for, but school is my primary concern and I need a laptop that will be good for that. As for non-academic uses, I’ll probably be doing some photo and possibly video editing. And the usual internet things, like Facebook, music downloads, msn, ect. I’d like something that doesn’t cost a fortune, and won’t be too heavy to carry around. And I’m not going to lie, I do care how it looks… although that will not the deciding factor. So can anyone give me a suggestion?

stevejohnson1958

Re: I Need Laptop Advice... HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
    I talk to a lot of people...everyday about recommending laptops...PCs...and such.

What price range?

What operating system?

Are you particular about the support you get from the manufacturer?

I have a habit of recommending the two following companies...only because they are US based...and their support is not outsourced...if you know what I mean.

The two companies are MPC and Systemax.  Here are the links to their sites:

wereit

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:52:09 AM »
      For light, cheaper and reliable for the price systems... I would go acer... got extra bucks? Try toshiba

;D
      the link between MAN and GEEK

echinococcosis

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »
        I’m from Canada, so it’s probably useless for me to tell you a price range since our currencies are different. I’m interested in the mid to low price range, nothing on the expensive end and nothing extremely cheap (unless it happens to be a very good laptop and the low price is no indication of the quality).  As for operating system… I’ve heard good things about Mac, but I would be worried that I wouldn’t be familiar with the programs.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:31:36 AM »
        I’m from Canada, so it’s probably useless for me to tell you a price range since our currencies are different.

Have no Fear...that's what we have google for.... ;)
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

!~*:.Pink Floyd.:*~!

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:05:01 PM »
        lol patio so what thes price range?