Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Read or Format CD's  (Read 3471 times)

DonaldCLB

Can't Read or Format CD's
« on: February 12, 2005, 04:58:03 PM »
I am trying to transfer files from old PC (Win98SE) to new one (WinXP).

My Old PC had two programs:

B's Clip packet writing S/W, and

B's Recorder Gold. Which somehow wrote without B's Clip.

When I try to create a RW/CD with B's Clip, and move the data to the new computer, it won't read it. I tried installing B's Clip, and it still wouldn't.

When I try to erase data from the supposedly RW CD's, to maybe use them again, even those created with B's Recorder, the files are read only and can't be erased by any move I know of.

I've decided to just waste some CD-ROM discs to get the data moved, but don't believe this will work, either. But spending an entire day at it is getting old.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Can't Read or Format CD's
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 08:04:55 AM »
Have these CDs been used before? It sounds that way, becuase there were already read only files on them, right?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Can't Read or Format CD's
    « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »
    Hello friend, how are you? First of all, try to change the software you are using to write CD R or CD RW. I suggest you to use Nero Express.
    This software has an option "Allow the files to be added later or Multisession disk". If you check this option, it will also you to rewite ur CD RW otherwise it simply lock the disk.
    Secondly I didn't understand when ur drive not read the disk: At the time of writing or at the time of Reading.
    If you want to copy the files that you have just burrned by ur CD BURNER and ur CD Drive wont read it then it may be possible that you burn the CD at the speed which is not compatable with your CD Drive (not CD RW Drive). So try to burn the CD at compatable speed.

Hope this will solve your problem.
    Take care of you and others and be happy.
    Bye...:)
    Dur-E-Wahab.
    do take care of you and others