Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Relay Your O.S.?  (Read 2638 times)

Dylan

Relay Your O.S.?
« on: February 14, 2005, 03:45:51 PM »
ok so does this meen to get your windows 98 start up disk and reinstall windows 98 and can you use a differnt windows 98 startup disk from a differnt computer thats a 98 will that still work becuase i never got one for this one.

cjkgmgod

Re: Relay Your O.S.?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
Using the Windows start up disk from another computer might not work, but worth a  shot, do you have ethe product Key? (The validation number to activate windows). And yes you want to reinstall Windows 98.  By the way, is it Windows 98 or 98SE (Second Edition)? If it is not SE I recommend finding a copy from somewhere or if your computer can handle it go to Windows XP.

Dylan

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 09:05:58 PM »
how can you get it to windows xp

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:51:11 AM »
    You need a Windows XP boot cd, of course. And a valid serial number, you receive when you buy Windows.

cjkgmgod

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 05:09:50 AM »
    First you need to check your system compatibility for Windos XP. What Kind of computer do you have? Processor? FSB(Front Side Bus)?How much RAM do you have?
    Here are some links that tell you the minimum requirements for WIndows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional Edition. (I recommend the Professional Edition)

Professional Edition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

Home Edition:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

As you will see they have pretty much the same minimum System requirements.