Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Still need help  (Read 5627 times)

Devjr

Still need help
« on: February 15, 2005, 11:16:48 AM »
I still cannot get online on my computer.   I have a cable modem that i run through a router for 2 computers in my home.  The other computers gets online fine - no problems.  I'm on Windows 2000 Professional.  I just replaced my network card, uninstalled and reinstalled my TCP/IP.  Checked ipconfig.  Did a ping localhost test.  All my other settings seem to be fine.  This problem just sprung up on my after scanning my system recently with Panda Anti-Virus.  However, i still cannot get online if i close Panda.  I can't think of anything else that might be wrong.   Please help!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Still need help
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 01:03:17 PM »
    Devjr.....Here's what I would try ........connect your pc directly to the cable modem to see if you can get on line without going thru the router and let us know .

dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Devjr

Re: Still need help - Part II
    « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 07:23:24 PM »
    Unfortunately for me....i've tried that already.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Is there any possibility that my O/S is the problem?  Everything in my computer seems to be working fine.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Still need help
      « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 10:40:41 PM »
      Devjr......I have never used Panda , but does it have a file of what was deleted .....you may be able to restore back if it does .......failing that you may have to consider doing a repair install of you operating system......it sound as if thats whats happened.  And the other odd thing is ...are you saying you can get on line with panda open ?   "However, i still cannot get online if i close Panda"  ( thats why I ask you .) It sounds like you can based on that ????????

Let us know

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.