Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Who Can Save Me?! Site Help PLEASE HURRY *UPDATED*  (Read 3665 times)

reallife

Topic Starter

Who Can Save Me?! Site Help PLEASE HURRY *UPDATED*
    « on: June 16, 2008, 07:32:35 AM »
    Still no luck with my link situation.  This is a five minute job and I can't get my head around it!  I am willing to give a hr's work for $40 if you can help me.  I will supply you with the password to the website and the link I require.  If you can do this...and fast please email me Corey at [email protected] asap to get the info and I PROMISE you will get the money!  This will be a two way trust issue because you will have access to the site after this. Thanks  I am trying to link www.isowall.ca to www.isowallrockwall.com  I want when someone goes to isowall.ca they are taken to isowallrockwall.com    There is a login on the isowall.ca site where the changes are to be made.  But I have no clue how to get it done.  I can not edit the "click to enter" page and do not know how to access the next page once in.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:10:28 AM by reallife »

TheEmperor

Intermediate

Re: Who Can Save Me?! Site Help PLEASE HURRY
      « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:03 AM »
      Could you maybe post what the issue is? What are you trying to do?
      The Emperor
      Ruling over Technology since 1998
      www.TechEmperor.com

stevejohnson1958

Re: Who Can Save Me?! Site Help PLEASE HURRY *UPDATED*
      « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 08:35:57 AM »
      Can I ask a question?

Why did you register under a different username and post the same question we have already given you help with?

The fix is simple...

Log into your host's control panel at www.isowall.ca.  Once you are there, go to "Redirects".  You can setup a redirect so that anyone going to www.isowall.ca will be redirected to www.isowallrockwall.com.  Simple as that...

Should take less than 2 minutes to accomplish.

I don't need the money...

reallife

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »
        This is the same name I used for the first post...I just took it of  to put this updated version on.  You did give me help on this topic last week, which was much appreciated!  I do not have access to my host for the isowall.ca  This is an old site and the owners had a new on created.  Now they find out that they don't own anything to do with the old site and all the players in the old site are givinig them the screws to help forward to the new site.  I have limited access and know knowledge of the editor used in the site.  It should still be a quick job for someone who knows what they are doing.

TheEmperor

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 08:59:04 AM »
          Without access to the old site, or control of the DNS for the old sites name there is no forwarding that can be done from the old site to the new one.
          If you have access to edit the old site (which would be exceedingly odd if you don't have access to add a redirect in the control panel) you can replace the old sites page with just a simple redirect statement. But again, If you don't have access to that site then there's nothing that can be done to redirect isowall.ca to isowallrockwall.com.

The Emperor
          www.TechEmperor.com

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »
          However...

The owners paid for the domain name, correct?  Referring to www.isowall.ca...

Just have them login to to their domain name account...and point the name servers to the new host server.

Problem solved...

Once you pay for a domain name...it's yours to do with as you wish for whatever length of time you paid for.  So if you registered a domain name for 1, 2, 3 years...etc., etc...it's yours for that period of time.

Like I said...just login to your domain name account...and change the name servers to point to the new host server(s) of www.isowallrockwall.com.

TheEmperor

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »
            From the sound of it the people in question made the mistake of letting their webhosting folk register the domain in that companies name or something and so don't actually have ownership of it. Which means they are SOL unless they pursue legal action of some kind, which may or may not succeed.
            The Emperor
            www.TechEmperor.com