Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MultiMedia Pc Build  (Read 5156 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: MultiMedia Pc Build
    « Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »
    It depends on the model of the other CPU.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
      Its an intel if I could find it again.  So is 2.8 enough just for this kind of machine?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 12:55:17 PM »
      we know it's an intel cpu, we don't know what the model is.
      what model is the motherboard? Have we figured that out yet?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »
      is 2.8 enough just for this kind of machine?
      I have no idea.
      It depends what you're using it for as well as how you define "enough" - what is blazing fast to one person is sluggish to another.
      If both CPUs are the old Pentium D models then 0.2GHz, even if the faster CPU was from a better series, will not make much difference IMHO.
      squall, if you expect coherent useful answers you need to provide a lot more information on exactly what you want.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 12:58:33 PM »
        So just go with a newer differnt cpu as previously mentioned.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:43 AM »
          Someone help me with this dumb build

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 04:56:33 AM »
          Please set out exactly what you want to know and maybe we will get somewhere.
          Right now we are going round in circles whilst you refuse to tell us anything and just bump without adding.

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 05:02:52 AM »
          Really, you need to state exactly what you want to use the computer for and what your budget is.

And quit bumping your threads just because you don't get a reply in a few hours. You'll get help when it comes, Squall. It's no wonder your post count goes up as fast as it does.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 05:48:36 AM »
            Cause some days I have more time then others, will get back latter have to go to class.