Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 2000 emergency repair disk  (Read 6064 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

windows 2000 emergency repair disk
    « on: July 03, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »
    Where can I make one?  Not sure cause I never did this but when I go to the repair screen if you go threw the manual I think it ask me for this which I dont have an it restarts.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jim

Beginner
      Re: windows 2000 emergency repair disk
      « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
      If you will insert your 2000 cd, it will give you an option to create an emergency repair disk, which is a floppy with the essential start files on it. Or if you ever have problems just insert the cd, boot from the cd, it will start the install 2000 process. Don't worry, it just loads initial files. Just continue to the screen where it asks if you want to repair an installed version & click yes....same as the repair disk & it doesn't remove any files or programs already installed.

You can also use the command prompt:
       sfc:/scannow to scan for missing or corrupt files. If you need help just open command prompt & type in sfc/help.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:49:26 AM »
        Thanks,  Not going to install 2k again just tring to fix it. 
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:26:03 AM »
          Didnt work, thought that I could use this as a universal disk to fix my other HD.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »
          bootdisk.com
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:40:19 AM »
            I did try that, it was a 95.  Thanks maybe a newer one will work. 

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »
              Do I have to get all four parts of the bootdisk?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
                • Experience: Expert
                « Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »
                Yes.

Alan <><  :D
                I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
                  The horror

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 04:01:25 AM »
                    I did find it on the 2k disk.  Didnt think that what it was after it started.