Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First time in Task Scheduler, are those tasks supposed to be here? Seems weird.  (Read 4803 times)

ilovedota2

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Familiar
    Check 1st attached pic. I googled H0KNspb3.com and H0KNspb3 with no results, so i suspect it might be a virus?.
    2nd pic is error msgs when i try to disable or delete. I'm administrator.

Other than that, are you having any problems with your system?
    no

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:45:01 PM by ilovedota2 »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Are you have some problem(s) with your system?

ilovedota2

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Are you have some problem(s) with your system?
      Task scheduler runs a file that i cant find in google and i wanna know if its bad.

Allan

• Mastermind

ilovedota2

Topic Starter

Rookie
        no

Allan

• Mastermind
        Then I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about it. Feel free to run full system scans with your anti virus app and with MalwareBytes.

Salmon Trout

Feel free to run full system scans with your anti virus app and with MalwareBytes.

A whole string of numbered tasks triggering a randomly-named 16-bit .com program hourly are an odd thing to see in Vista or 7. I second the above advice. Thoroughly.

Salmon Trout

A whole string of numbered tasks triggering a randomly-named 16-bit .com program hourly are an odd thing to see in Vista or 7. I second the above advice. Thoroughly.

Update: the OP has a virus. He is a member of a botnet. The tasks with sequential numbers - at1, at2, at3, etc are a clear sign of the conficker virus. If the infected computer is on a network, the OP should contact the system administrator URGENTLY to get all connected machines disconnected and disinfected. If this is a standalone machine, post again in the Computerhope virus/malware section, or whatever, but do something SOON.

Allan

• Mastermind
        Good catch ST -

ilovedota2 - I was clearly mistaken when I said not to be too concerned. Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
        http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.htmlxt reply