Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wierd internet problem  (Read 2692 times)

X1

Topic Starter

Starter

wierd internet problem
    « on: July 10, 2008, 10:12:47 PM »
    We have a wireless device Linksys model that is running DSL wirelessly throughout our house to 2 laptops and 1 desktop. The desktop is the main network computer and is running Windows 2000 prof. One laptop is running XP and mine is running Vista.

Until yesterday night the internet on my computer worked fine, but now when I try to access certain websites the connection times out or doesn't work. Google, gmail, as well as others don't work, while stuff like facebook or yahoo still does. I can access google through the kproxy.com website, but this is real annoying especially since my email is through google.

This is a universal problem for all 3 computers on the network. Is it possible this was caused by the new windows update sent out? The desktop is running Zone Alarm but I do not think that the firewall on that computer should be affecting the other two computers.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

X1

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: wierd internet problem
      « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »
      Oh, and I am using Firefox browser but the same problem occurs in IE, so I don't think it is the browser all of a sudden.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:27:30 PM »
      First thing i would try is dis-abling ZA on all the machines involved and see if the condition persists...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

X1

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:47:22 PM »
        we had tried that but it didn't seem to make much difference. We turned off the ZA on the main computer. My computer doesn't have a firewall up and neither does the other laptop.