Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen Shots  (Read 26248 times)

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Screen Shots
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2008, 07:31:03 AM »
You don't need MS Word for those steps. Just get the image into Paint. ;)

Good Luck.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    « Reply #91 on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:49 PM »
    Hi,

I finally got around to trying the cropping. So I brought up msword in the run program. But i initially tried to crop the photo from mspaint. I managed to get to the part where you drag the photo to the upper left. I did those but now I have the photo and the rest of the trimmings on the page. Maybe I should start over and do this  from the screen shot.  So there's no way to just place the url of a picture in the browse window and capture that pic? Must the picture always be from a photobucket first?
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #92 on: September 30, 2008, 09:47:04 PM »
    You can attach the picture in your next post if you click and then Additional Options under the text-box.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #93 on: September 30, 2008, 11:46:38 PM »
    Ok, I got your PM.

Below I have a link to a tutorial I made in a program called Wink.
    Have a look at it and see how it goes.  :)

If for some reason you cannot view it, let me know. ;)

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/186352/screenshots.zip
    (1.27mb)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #94 on: October 01, 2008, 01:59:33 AM »
      I'm wondering if i can load it. I have so much on my new computer I think it's about all used up.

About your last post the prompts after reply, did you want me to do something with one of the prompts in the tags box? My eyes are truly red and I need to medicate them so I'm out. Thanks Carbon, You're a gem.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #95 on: October 01, 2008, 02:08:04 AM »
      No, I was just letting you know that you didn't have to upload pictures to photobucket.

Try having a look at my tutorial. Ain't big at all, but pretty informative.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #96 on: October 08, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
        Hi guys,

Sorry to be away so long. I have cropped that image and I have it in ImageShack in the browse window. What I need is guidance from here to make sure I do everything right.

I am first looking at TAGS, what are they and do I need to do anything with it. I want to use this image as an AVATAR.

Thanks

BTW, When I highlighted the image in the "PICTURES" folder and dragged it to the AOL page top I got "AOL Picture Editor". It allows me to Brighten the pic, remove color, turn it, crop it, red-ee it. So, I used that to do the editting then Saved it.  Did I do good.  :-\

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #97 on: October 09, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
          My image is stuck somewhere in limbo. I can't get it on my desk top or anywhere else. When I try I get a pic of a screen saver type of art.

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

I'm trying to set the pic on the left on the desk or in a folder but It comes out as something totally different.
          « Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:26:49 AM by casse2go »

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #98 on: October 09, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
          I have cropped that image and I have it in ImageShack in the browse window. What I need is guidance from here to make sure I do everything right.

I am first looking at TAGS, what are they and do I need to do anything with it. I want to use this image as an AVATAR.

So you have it uploaded to ImageShack?

You don't need to do anything with the tags, they are just to help you if you are searching for a particular picture... :)

Do you mean an avatar on this forum? Go to your profile and then Forum Profile Information.

Now, go into ImageShack, click the image you want, (it should open) and click on the field "IMG code"...

Now go back to your profile, and check the icon "I have my own pic:", and press CTRL+V, and the URL of the picture should be in the box... Now just save your settings.

Any luck? :)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #99 on: October 09, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »
            No KPac, the image isn't for here. I want to post it in a few site but that post is pretty much defunct as Ihit the host it button last night. And now I want to first place it on the desk or in pictures or documents or something.
            Please focus on the post following that one.

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
              « Reply #100 on: October 12, 2008, 08:24:18 PM »
              Where have all the helpers gone? Hello, anybody out there?