Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hyperlinking text to an embedded music player  (Read 2955 times)

Indienation

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

hyperlinking text to an embedded music player
    « on: July 15, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
    Hey everyone, I've been in here a few times before and got all my questions answered- now that my site is nearly complete I am in need of some serious help yet again.

I need to find out how to make clickable links play specified music files in an embedded music player on the same page, below is a an example of what I want it to look like, if theres a way to make the player look similar (dark) in aesthetics then I'd like to do that as well.

As you can see the text above the player is in list format and the first song is linked to the player, thus when it is clicked on it begins to play in the player- I don't want a song to play in the player prior to one song being clicked on.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: hyperlinking text to an embedded music player
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
    Sorry to start off with this but please check the link for the image as its not working.

You could probably use JavaScript to activate the flash player with an onClick="function".

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:49:33 PM »
    @ kpac - The image is there. Check your browser settings.

@ Indienation -  Where did you find the player? Did you make it or download it? Is it a flash player?
    Do you want the text links to be part of the flash player, or is it going to be regular html?

Indienation

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:20:19 PM »

Okay this is my new player it is http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player the JW FLV Media Player- in the image above you see I'll have the text from the last image in the same box, and it will be an on click play- every song needs to be able to play on click in the same player though- I have no idea how to make this work; I'd prefer it be regular linked html perhaps controlled by javascript or something, the player is a flash player.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »
      Check out the wiki at the website you linked. It tells you what is needed to do what you are asking.
      http://code.longtailvideo.com/trac/wiki/FlashAPI#Eventfiring

Basically, you set up a javascript link that tells it to play a specific song.