Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Insanely Slow on One Computer  (Read 2360 times)

measureless

Wireless Insanely Slow on One Computer
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »
My wireless connection for my PC has been ridiculously slow since last night. Websites seem to take forever and a day to load and WoW is out of the question. Today the connection at least seems stable as last night it would keep dropping and then couldn't find the network again (although I could see the neighbours'). I restarted the PC, reset the router, blah, blah, all the things dumb people do when faced with computer problems (except physical violence ... so far). To see if it was the PC or not I set my laptop on the wireless network and it was perfectly fine.

Before this happened I was messing around with "Add Hardware," trying to get my printer to work - could that have ruined me somehow?

Please let me know what more information is needed (and maybe where to find it) and I'll post it right away.

Thanks!

alan cummings

Greenhorn

Re: Wireless Insanely Slow on One Computer
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
    it sounds like to me you have a virus the best free anti-spyware and firewalls and anti-virus software out there get them all from FILEHIPPO.COM i have 3 top ones for you
    for firewall --COMODO FIREWALL
    for anti-spyware----SPYWARE TERMINATER
    for anti-virus------A.V.G the top 3 all for free from filehippo.com install them and you will see you computer running fast again
                                               HOPE THIS HELPS YOU