Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dark media display.....  (Read 2097 times)

kevinl

Topic Starter

dark media display.....
    « on: July 17, 2008, 09:20:57 AM »
    hello everyone..... i'm a newbie and i feel totally out of my knowledge element.... so please don't make fun of me.....

over the last few days all of my streaming online videos that are either coming through the real player and microsoft media formats are displaying very dark and i can only see shadows...... i checked both players and they play all of my saved videos in my library perfectly (i even checked my screen contrast)  .......  can you help me find a solution.....i had a friend over last week who used the computer and i think that he may have accidentally change a setting......

would appreciate any advice...... ??? 

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: dark media display.....
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:37:40 AM »
    Hello! Welcome to CH! :) There are many knowledgeable people here that are sure to help you find solutions to your problems. So hang in there and provide them information they might be needing...

If I may ask, what´s the OS of your computer? If you´re sure this happened before your friend used the computer, you might consider doing a system restore to that date. Provided you haven´t made major changes to your computer after that date..
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

kevinl

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »
      thanks for your responce...

i have microsoft XP.....i haven't made any changes so open to doing a system restore..... not sure how to do it...is it similar to removing both programs and downloading them again? 

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
        • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »
      Right HERE ;D
      "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
      --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »
      What browser?