Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OK weird question about 2 hard drives on my PC  (Read 4468 times)

Titandf

OK weird question about 2 hard drives on my PC
« on: February 22, 2005, 10:20:13 PM »
so when i installed my second HDD it was F... now when i reformated my hard drive C: only it became F and F is now C.... is that going to screw up my computer???? anyways.... since i probably have to reformat again... if i reformat F will it delte C?? lol anyone catch along what im trying to ask? anyways hit me up

trojankiller

Re: OK weird question about 2 hard drives on my PC
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 12:44:20 AM »
 ???That one was a shooting qn ???
The thing is that this is what I think you can do.It can by chance do some screwing if that is how it operates.
An alternative solution to that is to use bootable floppy with the format command and other commands that you need e.g Fdisk.
Before formating C ensure that you have only one hdd connected to your data bus(the one you want to format) then proceed with the format.When you are done then reconnect the hdd-1 and assign the later you want to the other hdd which you have just formatted.
I think this will help just a bit.

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    Re: OK weird question about 2 hard drives on my PC
    « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 04:27:06 AM »
    Disconnect old harddrive. Use fdisk or other program like the windows Xp setup to delete the partition on new hard drive (I consider you have just one partition). Recreate it as a primary partition and format it again (ntfs type). Install Windows XP. Connect the old hard drive.
    Note: I consider your computer supports Windows XP. If not, replace ntfs with fat32 for other types of windows like windows 98, Me; keep with ntfs if it is windows 2000.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 04:28:45 AM by viking »