Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson and Brother Scanner software not working properly  (Read 12510 times)

ch409

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Epson and Brother Scanner software not working properly
    « on: January 02, 2024, 07:01:05 PM »
    Hello
    I am having an issue BEYOND frustration
    portable scanner software "Epson Scan Smart" and Brother "iPrint & scan" are not working properly
    on my desktop BUT are working properly on my laptop with nearly the same spec.
    (Please see both below)

Windows Desktop Spec. (dell only 2 years old)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Edition Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎6/‎6/‎2021
    OS build 19045.3803
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Windows Laptop Spec. (dell only 3 years old)
    --------------------------------------------
    Edition Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Version 22H2
    OS build 19045.3693
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Please See these Issues below

Epson ES-50 portable scanner (USB)
    -----------------------------------------
    downloaded recommended drivers and "scan smart" interface
    the document will scan but when i try to save the processing screen pops up with the word "cancelling" and nothing is saved.
    if i try to access the settings menu from the "scan smart' interface
    the window opens for a moment and then shuts down and closes the program

Brother DS-640 portable scanner (USB)
    ----------------------------------------------
    The Brother "iPrint & scan" interface is not seeing the USB connected device?
    so no scanning is possible via this interface

While i am not an expert i would consider myself to be an average and capable windows user so i did try to fix the issue with multiple attempts.
    I tried installing and uninstalling the drivers many, many times, following directions methodically and specifically each time,
    even going so far as to download the recommended drivers from the internet using my laptop and than copy to the desktop and installing with the internet disconnected, same no luck result in every case.
    In both Windows "settings', and "Device manager" it shows each device recognized and "functioning properly"
    if i go to control panel/devices and printers i see each device functioning properly and can actually scan a document successfully using the generic windows interface there.

I first purchased the Epson and after no success with the "scan smart" interface purchased the Brother DS-640 only to have a similar problem of my desktop not working with manufacturers user interface software.
    both scanners work just fine on the laptop with nearly the same spec so i must assume my desktop is the issue ??
    could the issue be that these small portable scanners are not intended to work with a desktop?
    I have never heard of something so limiting, my old portable HP-scanjet that these were intended to replace worked just fine with the desktop.

if anyone has any suggestions your advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you