Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: question...  (Read 3024 times)

SPoUlaKK

Topic Starter

question...
    « on: July 30, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »
    creating a site using HTML and i'm just wondering if this is possible or if i'm just wasting my time:

what i have is a table with multiple cells.  in each cell there is an input, either a dropdown or text field.

what i want to know is, can the input or selection of the user affect the bg color of the cell?

in case that doesnt make sense...
    Example: a table with 2 cells.  each cell has a dropdown menu with "yes" or "no".  the user selects either one in each cell and clicks a submit button.  after clicking submit, if the user selected yes in a cell, the bg color of the cell turns green, but if they chose no, the bg color turns red. 

:-\ is that possible?   thanks

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
      • ACB Systems
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: question...
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:29:05 PM »
    Quick thoughts - JS could well be the way to go tho have no code to suggest right now.

Other possible might be to set up a link properties set in css, specific to this table situation  - and give your drop down contents a null href each .... and so make it possible to have a css set like - a.cells, a.cells:hover and  a.cells:visited - probably leaving out the hover as not too necessary.

Mind you - this is when I think on it only going to change color of the selected list item, not the cell itself.

I'll give it more thought if time allows.  Bit busy.
    Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!

Google

Mentor

• Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:26:53 PM »
      Quick thoughts - JS could well be the way to go tho have no code to suggest right now.

Other possible might be to set up a link properties set in css, specific to this table situation  - and give your drop down contents a null href each .... and so make it possible to have a css set like - a.cells, a.cells:hover and  a.cells:visited - probably leaving out the hover as not too necessary.

Mind you - this is when I think on it only going to change color of the selected list item, not the cell itself.

I'll give it more thought if time allows.  Bit busy.

Yes, I donot think that html has that kind of thing. The only possible wa y I would think is java script...

Head over here to find some very cool and helpful java scripts that might solve your problem. ;D ;D

SPoUlaKK

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:46:09 PM »
        yeah, i'll go ahead and try JS.  thank you both for the help