Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: a13g+ motherboard pcchips (problem: scanning array... message forever)  (Read 3054 times)

moonyeti

Topic Starter

Starter

I got a barebones kit from tigerdirect.com, it came with PCChips A13G+ Socket AM2 Barebone Kit - v3.0, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.60GHz Black Edition Retail, 160GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 PC6400, ATX Mid-Tower Case, 450 Watt Power Supply.  I also got windows vista 32 home and a PNY GeForce 8500 GT 512MB PCIe video card.  (the dvd I pulled out of my old machine)

I got all of the hardware installed, and powered it up.  Everything going well at first, detects my hardware correctly, scans the memory.  Then it goes to the next screen where at the top it displays nvidia bios and the version I cant recall at the moment.  below that it says 'scanning array...' and never goes past this part.  I have cleared the cmos and changed the bios as the manual said but I always get to this part and it hangs here, so I cant install the windows vista.

any ideas?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    If it has onboard video i would remove that vid card until you have XP setup properly....then install it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

moonyeti

Topic Starter

Starter

I'll try that when I get home tonight, and post tomorrow if that works.  thanks!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      No problem...

Welcome Aboard ! !

moonyeti

Topic Starter

Starter

Well I got it working.. thes posts helped me get to the root of it as it was the on board video.  What happened was I disabled the on board video, which was ALSO affecting the on board lan for some reason.  So I had to go in to bios, ENABLE the lan, but DISABLE the 2nd lan setting, which was something like power on boot (sorry I'm trying to remember but i'm at work writing this I dont have the screen in front of me: in any case it is the 2nd lan setting on this motherboard)  Once I did that, I just rebooted, and then it recognised my cd rom and installed Vista and I was good to go from there!

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        Re: a13g+ motherboard pcchips (problem: scanning array... message forever)
        « Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 02:40:39 PM »
        Good news indeed ! !

Stop by anytime and Welcome to CH !