Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Helpp plzz  (Read 2323 times)

Topic Starter

Helpp plzz
    « on: July 31, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
    Hey Guys
    Im new to the forum and I need help on my HP Media Center m1090n. The problem is that I replaced the Ram from 1 gig to 2 gigs and then after I think the computer overheated and shut down on its own. So I thought it was a PSU issue so I replaced the PSU from 300 to a 480 watt and now when I try to boot the computer, it doesn't boot past the HP screen and the fan would go fast then slow and fast again in regular intervals. The thing is that when I apply pressure on the heatsink and push it into the CPU and hold it, it will start booting regularly into windows and everything is fine. I tried detecting the fan speed and CPU temp using fanspeed but it cant read it the temp unless I apply pressure on the heatsink like i did to boot my computer. I dont know whats causing this Im assuming its because my computer cant read the temperature but I dont know how to fix it.

Specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS PTGD1-LA
    INT P4 3.6
    ATI Radeon x600 256mb
    2 X 1 gig DDR PC3200 Ram
    Vista -32 bit

KNeo

Rookie

Re: Helpp plzz
      « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »
      from the sounds of it u must have moved the heat sink when u installed the ram windows wont boot proporly becuz the cpu is overheating

i wood try try reinstalling the heatsink or at least making sher it is attached proporly

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »
        I reinstalled the heatsink and applied new thermal compound n it still does the same thing so i dunno whats wrong with it.

homer

Expert
          « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:40 PM »
          did you reinstall the heatsink correctly?