Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: program crashing  (Read 2788 times)

viki shulina

program crashing
« on: March 03, 2005, 04:05:43 PM »
for a while all my games have been crashing. games like warcraft, empire earth and the sims. also my sister's toontown. by crash i mean suddenly turn off, and occasionally the computer rebooted itself. it also reboots randomly when i watch something in media player. i got a new video card(asus radeon 9200) in hope that it would solve something, but nothing changed.
anyone know what the problem may be or how i can isolate it?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: program crashing
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 04:43:46 PM »
    viki shulina....Which operating system are you using ?  Which Anti virus program are you using ...and is it up to date as far as subscription and definition updates . Do you have all the O/S updates ? How long has this been going on ?

Let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

viki

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 07:54:01 PM »
    i'm using windows xp professional, mcafree anti virus, and i'm not sure about subscription. and my last os update was maybe a week ago. it's been going on for months. i wiped my hard drive somewhere in october, and it's been happening since novermber, maybe.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 11:19:57 PM »
      viki shulina...... Try this ....D/L and run Antispyware (Beta)   ....get it at ..... http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx  

Delete anything it finds .....  Do you have all the latest updates for XP pro ........both critical and other as well as any driver updates available .......Go to .......
      http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us  ....  Let it scan your system and then get all updates available . I dont know how old your pc is but have you ever cleaned out the dust which accumulates inside the case ..

let us know

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.