Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE and comcast.net  (Read 7061 times)

ymeyme

IE and comcast.net
« on: March 12, 2005, 02:12:19 PM »
I just loaded comcast.net (YEAH< CABLE MODEM SPEED) when i click on IE it automatically goes to the comcast ppage but when my husband opens his acct and clicks on IE it sends him  to our old MSN acct.  so I went to tool and internet options tab but it says "operations have been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"  How do i change this?

merlin_2

Re: IE and comcast.net
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 05:17:48 PM »
If you want to have say msn as your home page.......tools /internet options.........type the home..page you want.......or you may wish to try the ..spyblaster...most isps seem to like their own ..browser displayed??

ymeyme

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 07:19:39 PM »
Thats the problem.  When I click the internet options link it states that i have an error "that this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer"   How do I lift the restrictions?

Sean

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:00:48 PM »
Go onto your account which is probably an admin account go to control panel - users accounts - change and account and make sure his account is not a limited account, which is why this is probably happening, change it to an admin account.