Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iv dowloaded drivers but cant install them  (Read 3780 times)

pennH

Topic Starter

iv dowloaded drivers but cant install them
    « on: August 30, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »
    i bought driver detective i downloaded the drivers it recomended i double click on them and unzip them but goin in the folders i cant figure out how to install them iv looked for any .exe but cant see anything pls HELP

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: iv dowloaded drivers but cant install them
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
    Go to:
    Start -> Control panel -> Systems.
    Go to the hardware tab and click Device Manager. Look for the device you want to update the driver for and double click it. Go to the driver tab and click on Update driver.

A screen will pop up like in the automatic install (The Windows Assistant). Select Install for a list or specific location this time and click Next. Uncheck Search removable media and check Include this location in search. Click the Browse button and go to the directory where you saved your new driver (you have to know where the file with the driver is located). If its on CD (s just search removable media and it will find it.

Click Next and it will attempt to install the driver. Once done click Next again and your new driver is install.

I recommend a System reboot for the device to work properly.
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »
    i bought driver detective
    Why?
    i downloaded the drivers it recomended
    Why?

pennH

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:30:46 AM »
      thank u iv managed to install 3 of them the others once its starts installin a get a msg that it needs the correct name given to the file so never mind thanks again