Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Find Model Know Make  (Read 15134 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Find Model Know Make
    « Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »
    Any new idea's??
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »
      yes but some how after you take the sides off the top comes off or something some how an not sure how to do this to get in side cause theres an even smaller cover shielding the board.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:15 AM »
      Can you post a picture?
      This may be similar to a Compaq PC I used to have, circa 2001.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 10:37:54 AM »
        yeah i'll try an get one the wierd thing is I didnt get the post ether so I'm sorry for late posting.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »
          That's almost the same as mine, but slightly different.
          On mine there were 2 Torx screws, at the bottom of the case just under the PSU, which needed to be undone, and then the case just pulled apart.
          It's not an easy case to work on, and most components are proprietary too.
          Hope this helps a little.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »
            some what,  you really cant tell but I think the screws are gone from the back side, I think I some how have them.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 10:10:26 AM »
            If you can grab some more pics of the rear of the case, specifically near the bottom, it may become clearer and I might be able to help you more.
            I don't have my Compaq any more because the case annoyed me too much, I accidentally broke the motherboard trying to remove it because it wasn't standard, and of course neither was the PSU so that went too.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
              yeah thats the only trouble with these.  probably monday if I can get to it.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:14 AM »
                Ah, I thought you were having trouble getting inside the case at all.
                I see you've partially disassembled it, that's as far as I got before resorting to brute force and destroying things.
                There's no point taking it further anyhow as the components you can't get at are all proprietary.
                In short, you could take the memory, HDD, CPU and HS, but the motherboard, case and PSU will be no good unless you got another system exactly the same.
                Hope this helps.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2008, 05:44:46 AM »
                  I only took the sides off an such.  It was like that when I got it.  yeah thas the only down side.  :-\

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »
                    a side from not haveing bigger ram for it an I dont have a usb keyboard.