Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with a new build  (Read 5671 times)

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Help with a new build
    « on: September 07, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
    I just put together a new computer for our trailer. Intel BG33BU motherboard, Intel E 8400 CPU, 2 GB of Kingston 6400 DDR2 memory, 250 GB Seagate HD and a Sony DVD recorder. After installing every thing in a Antec case I tried to load Windows XP Media Center Edition. On the third try it loaded. After many attempts to load drivers and other software I thought that may be the Sony DVD was bad and changed it out. No joy, same thing nothing will load to the program. Oh, in the paper work that came with the motherboard I was told that if I wasn't going to load Vista I had to change SATA to IDE in BIOS. I did that be for I started to load XP. I decided to try and load vista to see if it would work. Vista loaded but it wouldn't start up. I did a repair from the disk and now most things seem to work. One thing that is wrong is I use a program that is called Net Waiting it wont work or let me uninstall it. I use it on the other computers and it works with them and they have Vista. I don't understand why XP wont work on this computer or why Net Waiting wont work with Vista on this computer. I relay wonted to use XP on this computer I mean I already paid for it. If I have to keep Vista on it I will have to go pick up a new copy be for the 30 days are up. This computer is meant to be a Media PC for our travail trailer. I have a WinTV card to install after I decide the way to go. Any thoughts on what is wrong or how to fix it?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Help with a new build
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
    If XP is what you want on there i suggest doing a full format of the drive and booting to the XP CD and performing a clean install...
    Make sure to visit all your manuf. sites and collect the drivers for XP especially the MBoard drivers.
    These should be installed first right after installing XP...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »
      That was the problem. After installing XP it wouldn't let me install the drivers. I went to intel and got drivers for the board. I first tried to install them from the intel CD. Thanks for your reply.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »
      why would it not let you install drivers ? ?

Is this a real XP CD or a copy ? ?

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:59:28 PM »
        I bought it, it is not a copy. After loading xp it wouldn't let me load the drivers from the intel CD. I don't know why that is why I am asking for help.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:33:29 AM »
        How are you trying to get the drivers?

Also, just to be clear, what drivers are you trying to look for?

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
          The drivers came with the motherboard from intel on a CD. I also down loaded drivers from the intel site on to a CD. I did that be for I installed Vista. It took so long to get this working I really don't know if I wont to change it now. In less you guys can give me a reason why it didn't work the first time. I feel at this point I am stuck with Vista. I like Vista my self. It is just I bought XP be for I ever tried Vista. I like XP and have used it for years. That is why I bought it. I guess what I am trying to say is that I really wouldn't care witch one I use except for the expense and I really don't wont to have to buy  Vista when I already have XP.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »
          I'm not exactly sure but, if you installed Vista over XP because of drivers, then you could probably find those missing drivers online at the manufacturers website.

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »
            Carbon I am not looking for drivers. I have the drivers. I am looking for some one to explain why XP would not let me load the drivers or for that mater any other programs after I got it installed. Was it just a bad install. If I try it again will I have problems. It is my understanding that the install should only take about 2 hours It took me 6 hours to get Vista installed.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:21:28 AM »
              could be that there not xp compadiable.  Never messed with vista myself.  But did you download the right ones for the os you want to use?
              Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:57 AM »
                The drivers that came from Intel should be compatible with XP. The ones I down loaded from Intel are according to the site. It wasn't just the drivers that wouldn't load. XP wouldn't let me load Earthlink or any other software.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 05:39:46 PM »
                There would be 3 sets of drivers for what you have tried so far for that MBoard....
                Windows Media Center
                Windows XP
                Windows Vista.

One set of drivers will not work for all 3 so i think you're managing to get the driver sets mixed up somehow...

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »
                  Patio, I have the CD that came with the motherboard. I down loaded from Intel the drivers for Windows XP Media Center all of them were the same for Windows XP from what they say on there site. I used the CD from Intel after loading Vista and it worked. When I had XP media Center loaded it would not load any thing from a CD. Not the drivers, not Intel not any thing. A box would come up and ask what I wonted to use to open the disk with. I went into computer and clicked on DVD drive and clicked on setup and no joy. Nothing would load. That was when I changed the DVD recorder, thinking it might be bad. That didn't work. The same thing happened. I then thought I would try and load Vista. 6 hours later I had a working OS. It hung mid way through the install and I had to go into repair computer and that took care of it. The only program that wont work on it now is Net Waiting. I can't get to work or uninstall, it is just there. I don't think that the drivers are the problem. I think some thing went wrong on the install of XP Media Center that prevented any thing from being loaded. I don't really know or I wouldn't be bothering you people about it. I guess that I will try one more time to load Windows XP Media Center and see how that goes. So as far as any one knows on here there is no reason for XP Media Center not to work on my motherboard?

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 01:14:41 PM »
                    Just wonted to drop you all a line to let you know what happened. I tried to install Windows XP Media Center in the new unit again yesterday. It didn't work. The why of it is that when I was asked for the SP2 disk it would not read that disk or the SP3 disk. I don't know what that is about. Any way when you click cancel and go on with the load when you get to the desk top and try to load it there you get. SRCLIENT.Dll was not found. When you try to load the drivers you get Error Code :oxeoooo227. After 4 tries I gave up and loaded XP Professional SP2 and every thing went well. The drivers loaded and all is fine. So I will stick with that. I don't know what I am going to do with Widows XP Media Center. I guess that I will have to get a hold of Microsoft and see what they say.