Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting this alert screen "Windows 3.x Migration"  (Read 3756 times)

jwfilion

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Getting this alert screen "Windows 3.x Migration"
    « on: October 02, 2008, 02:32:24 AM »
    I have an AC'97 Audio chip and a few weeks ago, I decided to install an older SoundBlaster  card into my computer, hopefully, for better sound. While I was in the BIOS, trying to disable the AC'97, the power went out. Storm winds, blew down power lines to our small town. Everything seemed okay when I booted up, but the next morning when I turned it on again, I got the following screen:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1209601/c002.jpg

As my USB keyboard was unable to do a screen capture at this point during power up, I had to take a photo of it with my digital camera.The screen appears after the Windows logo, but before the Welcome screen. I have no idea what it means, so I pressed " Cancel ". It did continue to load without incident. However, every second or third time I turn on the computer, the screen appears. Obviously, this does not want to go away.
    Can anyone explain what may have happened when the power went out? Perhaps a solution?

Mind Computer Products
    Intel Celeron 1.80GHz
    1 GB Ram
    WinXP Home / SP2
    S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
    Vinyl AC'97 Audio
    AVG free, Spybot, Ad-aware, RegCure, SUPERAntiSpyware
    CCleaner, HyJackthis, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware