Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Networking Issue  (Read 3201 times)

WolfsSpawn

Topic Starter

Starter

Networking Issue
    « on: September 24, 2008, 02:31:52 AM »
    I am trying to troubleshoot a networking issue.  A new T1 line was established in the business and the main office computers are operating fine with assigned IP, Subnet, Gateway and DNS. 

The problem is at an off-site department.  The current connection path is via an OTC connection Radio broadcast to the off-site.  The computers show excellent connectivity.  Running an ipconfig/all shows that the computers are finding the network, however the computers will not hit the internet.

I have gone so far as to replace the existing linksys but this has not resolved the issue.  I would like some assistance.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Networking Issue
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »
    Was the new T1 terminated into the same equipment as before, or was new termination equipment installed?  Did the demarc, the "phone company" interface change at all?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

WolfsSpawn

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:45:01 AM »
      The DMARC was extended and the router is new.  The interface did change.  However, when I ipconfig the computer shows the information entered.  Connection shows excellent strength, but still no internet.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:53:31 AM »
      OK, now I'll really show off my lack of knowledge!  (I used to test T!'s for "the phone company.")  My own I/T experience is too limited.  The only similar experience I have is on the home level -- in changing a cable modem to new hardware, one must work with the cable company so "they" can change settings on their side to recognize the new hardware.  If this isn't done, the new hardware will normally show connectivity, but there will be no Internet "traffic."

I'm thinking it's settings in the new router which need to be corrected.

Sorry, don't mean to be so lame...   ::)

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:00:50 AM »
      the router is new. 

The computers are finding the Router- but is the Router finding the rest of the network?
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

WolfsSpawn

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 07:04:54 AM »
        No --I appreciate all suggestions!  Actually the phone company has changed the settings and the routes are loaded.  But please keep the suggestions up, this has to be something minor I have overlooked.