Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio problems, things not opening, and more  (Read 2231 times)

SonataArctica121

Topic Starter

Starter

Audio problems, things not opening, and more
    « on: September 27, 2008, 10:08:59 PM »
    I recently got Norton 360 to fight off 5 virus that were revealed to me by my outdated previous virus protection. It works fine, but the weird things i want to note now are
    ------------------Internet Problems-----------------------
    - IE doesn't work Java stuff or whatever. On ESPN.com, the features that allow me to move players around won't appear, there is a link to my other teams that I hold my mouse over a "view teams" link and my teams drop down. On you tube you can search for videos by date added, I don't get the drop down menu that shows that.
            Note: I now use Fire Fox for these reasons

-Fire Fox: It start on my hom page, it starts on a blank white page with no address. Also when I type in an address like "mlb.com" it doesn't show the "http://" or other detailed addresses. also say I leave from mlb.com to espn.com by my bookmarks feature, the address bar still says "mlb.com" with none of the http stuff. If I serf the net through just links without typing in the address bar, it will stay "mlb.com." I also stuggle to open tabs and when I have a second tab open, it won't close.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    -----------Comp Problems-----------
    Certain things I click on won't open like my Windows Media Player or more importantly my "Help and Support."

- Every time I turn on the computer, about 8/10 Norton will start things off by telling me it found this "Downloader" virus which Norton then tells me to reboot to remove it.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    --------------Small Audio Problems--------------
    I have this game called Age of Empires II and when I play it, I get all the sound accept for the actually Music, I thought it was the disc, but then I tryed to play Sonic 3D blast and had the same problem, could hear sonic jump and sound effects but no music. Can this only be fixed by accessing Help and Support?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Audio problems, things not opening, and more
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »
    Norton 360 is close to useless.
    My suggestion would be to get rid of it and get a better Antivirus.
    (there are a few free antivirus programs out there that do just as well as paid ones)

I also think you should look here:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Audio problems, things not opening, and more
    « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:25:08 PM »
    With all those problems, I'd back up your data, and go for clean Windows install.