Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Charger Help?  (Read 3330 times)

Fatman

Topic Starter

Laptop Charger Help?
    « on: December 28, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »
    I have just put together a PA System and wanting to use my laptop to provide the music with ITUNES.  Here is my problem, everything is fine until I hook up the charger/powersupply to the laptop.  When I hook it up, I get a lot of hissing noise.  I have tried using two different circuits in my house ( power supplied thru two different breakers) and it doesn't help.  I have also tried the system on my generater power with the same result.  All of the equiptment is new so I don' t think that it is the problem.  I will be running this system mostle off of generator power.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TIA

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Laptop Charger Help?
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
    Have you tried using the regular plugin for the laptop? Or is it the regular one?

Can you identify exactly where the hissing is coming from?

For a setup like this, I wouldent recommend using the battery, simply since it wont last long.

Fatman

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
      This is the regular plug in. I have no hissing noise when playing music when running of of battery power, but once I plug the computer into ac power then the hissing starts.  Here are the components of my system, Peavey PV8 Mixer Board, Peavey PV115 Speakers, Peavey PV 1500 amp, DBX DriveRack PA Control System, furman PM-Pro II Power Conditioner and a Dell Laptop.  All of the pieces are new.   The best that I can tell is that the hissing noise is caused by the ac power/charger for the laptop.  I am going to try a ground loop isolator to see if this will help.  I just bought one off of EBAY and will try it when it arrives.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
        • Yes
        • Technology News and Information
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 07:12:36 PM »
      Could you identify where the hissing noise is coming from?

Can you identify exactly where the hissing is coming from?

You may have to put your ear up to the device.