Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Serious Problem With HP Pavilion ze5000 Boot  (Read 22184 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Serious Problem With HP Pavilion ze5000 Boot
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »
Post the link you used for the MBoard drivers....NOT the generic HP link but what page you actually DLoaded them from.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GoldenScimitar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »
    This here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob963en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=214342&os=228

The HP ze5000 used the same motherboard as a ze4000, so the drivers can be used between the two models.  Don't mark me wrong, I know this for a fact, and the drivers are meant to be used with the 4000~5000 models.  But I think this is beside the point.  I think something is failing, most likely hardware.  Cheers, GS.

GoldenScimitar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »
      Alive, anybody? ::)

GoldenScimitar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 11:01:29 PM »
        I got rid of the machine.  That ought to help clarify that I wanted some further much needed help but sometimes threads get magically ignored on forums like these... :-\

ALAN_BR

Hopeful

• Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »
          For the benefit of visitors to this forum

Please note the lesson to be learnt here is NOT that "sometimes threads are MAGICALLY ignored".

There may be many reasons for lack of advice.
          I am quite new to this forum, and speak ONLY for myself.

My reasons for holding back on this thread were :-
          1.  OP failed to give diagnostic information that was requested;
          e.g. request on 9 Oct.
          2.  Arrogant assumption on 11 Oct that "Well are you all just going to walk away from my thread here?"
          whereas I at least was waiting to see information as requested on 9 Oct.
          3.  False declaration on 10 Oct. that "I am unable to use the machine anymore,"
          4.  on 12 Oct the information request of 9 Oct was again requested
          5  on 12 Oct the OP again failed to comply, and instead told us he had downloaded all system drivers and made it much worse
          6. On 12 Oct OP advised that following Patio's advice everything worked perfectly, but the original fault returned immediately he defragmented the drive.
          7. On 13 Oct I asked
          "By repeating Patio's advice, does that mend it ?
          and after mending it, does defrag again trash it ?"
          These two question were ignored, and 3 days later we are asked "Alive, anybody?"

Summary :-
          To get a speedy solution, one should :-
          Not assume one knows better than the people offering advice;
          Give the information as requested;
          Be patient and courteous.

Alan

GoldenScimitar

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
            First of all Alan,

Let me clarify to you that I never ignored any of your posts.  After you asked me about the Defrag possibly trashing the system, I acknowledged that in the next post. 

Patio asked me to post the drivers I used, so I did.  And nobody came back to discuss the situation with me for over a few days.  This tells me the lack of devotion to discuss the topic, as well as the lack of devotion to further respond to a thread, was basically what I saw.

And that is why I posted, "Alive, anybody?", and then a few days later, the final post I made before you replied.  Patience runs short after a while if nobody is willing to step up like a man and help somebody else out, and devote some of their time to respond to threads, rather than letting the topic poster's reply collect dust for days without even letting the person know about what needs to be done next.

Get the picture?

claydine

Re: Serious monitor Problem With HP Pavilion ze5000
            « Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
            hi guyzz,,, 
            i have big problem.. i have laptop HP Pavilion ze5000... last night while using it.. all of the sudden the monitor or screen is turning black.. as in black..... i don't know what to do then i turn in off then on again but the monitor still black, the good thing is still working.. the problem only is the screen or monitor..... sorry Im not a technical or computer expert..... i really need help guysss....

Allan

• Mastermind
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »
            Please start your own thread. Posting in a thread that is more than two years old will not get the responses you want.