Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Winamp not staying maximized upon first opening!  (Read 2166 times)

janlafata

Topic Starter

Rookie

Winamp not staying maximized upon first opening!
    « on: October 04, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »
    I posted a thread in the Winamp forum on this, but didn't get the answer I was looking for, so I thought I'd try you guys. I'm  running the latest version of Winamp Pro on Vista Home Basic x64. Many times, but not always, when I click on the Winamp icon in my Quick Launch taskbar, the program briefly opens, then quickly minimizes back to the taskbar.

I did check in properties and Run is set to Normal Window. I even tried switching it to Maximized once, to see if that would do any good. It didn't. I also check in Winamp options and Always On top is checked.

I also reinstalled the program right on top of the existing one and that made no difference. Then I completely uninstalled Winamp, then reinstalled it, but I still I get the same problem! And like I mentioned, the problem is intermittent.

I'm stumped!
    Jan LaFata
    Jan LaFata

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Winamp not staying maximized upon first opening!
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:02:07 AM »
    Throttle back on your double-clik speed in Control Panel/Mouse...
    I had issues on the new build for 3 days before i thought of this.... ;D     ;D

It was just too quick on the new hardware.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "