Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: game problems!  (Read 3193 times)

southsideskater

game problems!
« on: March 09, 2005, 12:13:36 PM »
i just built a new computer and when i run any major 3d applications my computer tries to restart but it fails. anyone have any suggestions? i have all the latest drivers and sp2.

asus a8n-sli deluxe
amd 64 3000+ 939
1gb kinston pc3200
xfx geforce 6600gt
win xp pro

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: game problems!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 01:07:37 PM »
Have you installed the video card drivers porperly? Can you update them on the internet? Also, have you ever installed other video card drivers on that computer? (for a different card)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »
What games.........patchware ..maybe..
what cooling system are you using......../?amd?

southsideskater

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 03:15:26 PM »
im using the stock hsf that came with my cpu. i just put this computer together about a week ago soo this is the only card i have put in it. im pretty sure i installed the drivers correctly unless they are either the wrong ones or not enough. and im tryin to play world of warcraft

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 03:23:51 PM »
If you only getting problems with games and not any irq_stop problems...i would see if there is a download patch for the games you wish to play........if you are using a cpu certain games will not handle it to kindly.does this happen all the time..check spec for game capabilitly........what directx  have you got..another woe..
(quote:my computer tries to restart but it fails ss)
what do you mean by this !

southsideskater

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 06:03:27 PM »
my system can easily handle the game. i have a duron 1ghz cpu with 512ram and it can run WoW pretty good. but what happens when i play the game is my monitor goes idle(no display) and my computer keeps running and nothing happens.  i just reinstalled directx 9.0c and still the same thing.

southsideskater

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 11:09:01 PM »
also when i run world of warcraft it only takes up 200,000k of my memory on my crappy computer and 400,000k on my new computer. any ideas?

southsideskater

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 03:17:08 PM »
well i got the adapter for my psu and still the same problem. only thing i can think of now is my cpu getting too hott and just shutting down but i highly doubt it.  :-[

neo_wraith

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 02:39:22 PM »
Oh yes! That card puts out a butload of heat.  If you dont have liquid cool...or a ton f fans ejecting the heat your CPU will cook.  I have just had this problem since I just upgraded my 5950 to 6800 Ultra.  I had to put two 120mm fans on either end and a 80mm on top and the side.  I would suggest liquid cool if you have a pro put it on for you, but i would not suggest you do it yourself...Also do you get the blue screen of death?!