Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dropped Laptop No Sound  (Read 7178 times)

Computerhelpneeded159

Topic Starter

Dropped Laptop No Sound
    « on: October 18, 2008, 08:38:12 AM »
    Okay so I recently dropped my computer by accident. (Actually it was hardly a drop, maybe a foot drop)

But anyways, I looked and nothing was noticeably wrong with it, until I tried to listen to something. There was no sound. Then I tried to put my headphones in and realized that the headphones input thing was jammed inside of the computer.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell if this is common. Do you know hat happened to it? Would I be able to fix it or would I need to take it to a shop? How much would it cost?

Thanks for any help

xavier

Re: Dropped Laptop No Sound
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »
    If everything was working prior to the dropping of the laptop i woul say it needs repair.As far as you doing the repair that depends on your knolage with the unit. If you dont know i would take it to a shop and explain the pblm.to them and ask for a rough estimate.They probaly wont be able to give you a firm quote until going into it.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Dropped Laptop No Sound
      « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 11:48:44 AM »
      Computerhelpneeded,Welcome to the CH forums. xavier is giving you sound (no pun intended0 advice. However looking ahead to your getting the news as to what is involved and how much it will cost to repair the damaged connection (and whatever else might have been affected by the drop). Might i offer another solution at that stage. Purchase an external USB sound card (could be a lot cheaper than the repair cost. I am not advocating either of the links that i am about to give. They are only given as examples of what is available (a lot more than just these 2 sites).   http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=205&product=9103

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=107&SRCCODE=CANWGOOGPS&cm_mmc_o=7BBTkwCjC-p8ByplCjCabTwyKbywgfCjCmH4

Good luck,truenorth