Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help keeping text from moving, etc.  (Read 3524 times)

Cazz Grant

help keeping text from moving, etc.
« on: March 22, 2005, 08:47:49 PM »
Help please. I'm trying to keep text on my page from moving, say if someone opens their favorites sidebar, or changes their text size my text changes too, but can cover my art surrounding it. I am not a novice, but *censored* close it seems! Thanks.

Corrosive

Re: help keeping text from moving, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 11:56:21 AM »
Cascading Style Sheets, or CSS, will let you do this. Basically, as a web designer, you really should be using this anyway - the likes of the <font> tag is now redundant.

Simply, you create a seperate file (I normally call it 'default.css') with your styles, classes and ID's (read a tutorial for all that) and put a little link in the <head> section to the file.

Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" src="default.css" type="text/css"

No need for the <font> tag anymore, as anything in the <body> will be exactly as was defined in the stylesheet.

If it sounds complicated, it really isn't. So long as you know a bit of HTML, the idea and philosophy behind it won't be too bad. There are loads of tutorials avaliable on the net, but I quite like the various tutorials at www.webmonkey.com and www.elated.com