Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: explorer font  (Read 3526 times)

John_m

explorer font
« on: March 22, 2005, 02:53:02 PM »
Hello all,  I changed my font size on oy computer all is well when i use all programs and internet when i use Mozillia Fire fox however, when i access one of my other programs that relies on internet explorer the font is large and the color is all wrong.  IE:when i use explorer to access MSN or any other progam that relies on explorer  i can adjust the font size but all the colors are wrong?  I checked all internet explorer settings,  looked on line with no answer yet. I  thought if I ran a repair for windows fix , it would take care of the problem ...i did not....

merlin_2

Re: explorer font
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 01:46:34 PM »
try using moz .......settings.....

John_m

Re: explorer fontI tried the Moz
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 08:37:16 AM »
I tried your sugestion and it didn't make any difference.
It is the strangest thing  that only explorer is all screwed up

As a matter of fact when i go into explorer internet options/Accessibility/Formatting/and select 1)Ignore colors specified on web page 2)Ignore Font styles specified on web page 3) Ignore font sizes specified on web page..The page is now readable but the colors are not corrisponding to the colors of the MSN page. It seems that this is working backwards..  

John_m

Re: explorer font - FIXED!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 09:07:26 AM »
Hello all, I just wanted to let you know that I have it fixed.

I had my IT guy look at it and he changed one setting and it is all back to normal now.

He did the following:

1) Click START | CONTROL PANEL | ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS

2) DISPLAY tab, UNCHECK "Use High Contrast"

Apparently I must have set the system to High-Contrast mode somehow.  He thinks it was the shortcut keys I may have hit while typing that caused it.  So he disabled the shortcut key so it won't happen in the future.

Thanks for all your help and I hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem! 8)