Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word Documents  (Read 2357 times)

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Word Documents
    « on: November 03, 2008, 06:21:17 PM »
    I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop running with Windows Vista home basic. I don't know what happened but when I go to my documents folder, in Microsoft Word version 2007, I can open any document however after I exit from the document the document folder is frozen and I have to start the task manager to get out of the folder and back to my destop. It also occurs when I open the document folder and try and copy a document to paste elsweheres. I right click the document and it freezes not allowing me to either copy or exit. There is a checkmark to the right of the document but all is frozen.

Appreciate any help,
    Peter

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Word Documents
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »
    Have you tried reinstalling Microsoft Office?

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
      I have my Office 2007 disc. I'm afraid to admit that I am somewhat computer challenged. Could please give me a detailed method for reinstalling Office 2007. Can I only reinstall Microsoft Word since that is giving me the problem/headache? Will a reinstall delete all my document files?

Thanks
      Peter

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:47:04 AM »
      I have my Office 2007 disc. I'm afraid to admit that I am somewhat computer challenged. Could please give me a detailed method for reinstalling Office 2007. Can I only reinstall Microsoft Word since that is giving me the problem/headache? Will a reinstall delete all my document files?

Reinstalling Word would not delete your Documents files. However, I'm not convinced that will solve the problem since it seems to not be directly related to Word, if I understand your first post, where said:

It also occurs when I open the document folder and try and copy a document to paste elsweheres. I right click the document and it freezes not allowing me to either copy or exit. There is a checkmark to the right of the document but all is frozen.

So, the problem also occurs when not using Word, right? 

How long have you had this laptop? How much memory does it have? Have you removed some of the unnecessary stuff that was probably installed on it when you bought it?  What protections (firewall, virus, spyware) are you using?