Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What happened to my 'MY PHOTOS'?  (Read 29877 times)

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: What happened to my 'MY PHOTOS'?
    « Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »

Why can't I do a system restore?? I tried picking 4 different times/dates and I get a message stating it was incomplete and to pick a new date.

I erased some stuff (big mistake) Wednesday around 8:00PM to try to speed up my computer, then had the brilliant idea to do some kind of WINDOWS LIVE clean up at 10:04PM  I need to get back to about Tuesday when I was NOT messing with my pc.

Please tell me what the heck I am doing wrong. I am NOT technical at all so go easy on the explaination & help.

MANY THANKS!!

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 09:43:31 AM »
      Do you think it could be that it corrupted windows an is preventing this?
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »
        Do you think it could be that it corrupted windows an is preventing this?

I am not technical. How would I know If it did??  All I know is that I can not get to photos I had in a MY PHOTOS folder and I can't restore back to an earlier date to get them back. Nothing else seems wrong with my normal usage.

HELP!!

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
        11 cheers for binary !

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »
          Does Recuva take up much memory/space?  My PC is slow as it is. When I see a download for anything, I get nervous.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »

Memory (RAM) can increase speed in your PC

Your C: Hard Drive is where applications are stored
          11 cheers for binary !

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
            Does anyone know why I can do a system restore back to Monday?

I am doing the Recuva now. Wait time is about 1-2 hours for the advanced search.

mcxeb52!

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »
            well, try this.

click the astart button, then on the popup menu click on 'search' and then to files or fiolders.

Now, what kind of photos do you have? JPG files?

Assuming they were saved as JPG files, type into search box ".jpg" without the quotes and see if windows finds anything. If not jpg, then type whatever type the files were saved as or perhaps type the file name of a photo if you can remember that.

I wonder if your computer's just rearranged your photos so they're not in original place which normally I wouldn't expect happen or you have a virus or malware that got rid of your photos.

To speed up your computer, get more memory, use cCleaner or reinstall windows completely. At least, I'm sure those won't cause catastrophic problems if you take it slowly, one step at a time.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
            System Restore only remembers dates when something has changed on that date, like an application being added or hardware being anabled.

It can be configured and you can go into system and create checkpoints.
            11 cheers for binary !

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 03:54:48 PM »
              How did I wipe out an entire file? (My Photos) Any way of finding that?

Fed

• Sage
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 04:07:51 PM »
                If you're sure the directory was named My Photos then do a searh for it.

Start--->Search--->For Files or Folders---> Type My Photos in the search field.

Have you checked your Recycle Bin?

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 04:22:21 PM »

Hi Fed. You have helped me in the past.  ;D  I did that and do see the file name but when I click on it, none of what I am looking for is in there. If you scroll up, you will see that I did a dumb thing and was playing around trying to clear up some room on this PC. It is so slow. I don't know what I did but my file named MY PHOTOS is gone.  ??? :'(

I just want to undo the changes that I made around 8PM Wednesday night. Tried a system restore but no luck.

?????????

Dee

Fed

• Sage
                    • Experience: Experienced
                    « Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »

Hi Fed. You have helped me in the past.  ;D  I did that and do see the file name but when I click on it, none of what I am looking for is in there. If you scroll up, you will see that I did a dumb thing and was playing around trying to clear up some room on this PC. It is so slow. I don't know what I did but my file named MY PHOTOS is gone.  ??? :'(

I just want to undo the changes that I made around 8PM Wednesday night. Tried a system restore but no luck.

?????????

Dee
                    It can't be there and not there at the same time? ???

Did you check your Recycle Bin?

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »
                      I see the words MY PHOTOS but the photos I am looking for are not there. ??? I don't know how or why.

Where is my recycle bin? How can I look in it?

mcxeb52!

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
                      Where is my recycle bin? How can I look in it?

Do you have a recycle bin icon on the desktop? It should look something lik this:

Double Click it to see what it contains. If you don't see the recycle bin on desktop, let us know.