Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Viruses and Trojans found by Dr. Web  (Read 10288 times)

ephemeridos

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Viruses and Trojans found by Dr. Web
    « Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
    ok, thank you so much for your help!!! :) it's greatly appreciated!

mcxeb52!

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »
    check the device manager. Does it display, next to the disk drive thing a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it? When you click on the device properties, what does it say? an error or is thing okay?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=314060 is a microsoft solution for non working CD/DVD drives, but give it a shot anyway after you sure you have a good system restore point in place. I don't know if this will work for you because I'm not sitting at your computer.

Otherwise, try posting in the Windows forum.

ephemeridos

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 08:21:03 PM »
      check the device manager. Does it display, next to the disk drive thing a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it? When you click on the device properties, what does it say? an error or is thing okay?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=314060 is a microsoft solution for non working CD/DVD drives, but give it a shot anyway after you sure you have a good system restore point in place. I don't know if this will work for you because I'm not sitting at your computer.

Otherwise, try posting in the Windows forum.

sorry, i haven't seen you posting. that's exactly what i have found too.  :D i was able to fix it and my bitdefender was easy to install without any errors.

thank you for your support :)

mcxeb52!

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »
      Glad that you're all good again  ;D