Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LED monitor grays out/looks like blinds closing  (Read 3020 times)

vegaschick

LED monitor grays out/looks like blinds closing
« on: March 28, 2005, 02:07:55 PM »
Hi guys!  I have a Vaio desktop computer with a Samsung LED monitor.  Lately the monitor has been "graying out" about half screen, or more.  It actually looks like flickering lines horizontally across the screen as it goes off and comes back on.  Sometimes it will clear itself up, then will go out again.  I have updated the drivers, updated BIOS, checked for viruses-- any and all troubleshooting that I could find to do, but nothing has helped.  Confession time: I did load a bootleg copy of Office XP Professional just before this started, but have removed it.  The only thing I have left to do is full system recovery.  Any other suggestions?

gussery

Re: LED monitor grays out/looks like blinds closin
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »
Check your monitor connections, both ends of the cable, and make sure they are tight.  Also make sure the monitor cable is not crimped (monitor push up against wall etc.).