Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Break password protection on Word doc  (Read 4559 times)

Joleen

Break password protection on Word doc
« on: March 29, 2005, 08:49:14 AM »
As the descriptive Subject outlines, I need to be able to break the password on a MS Word doc.  It asks for the pass before opening.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Break password protection on Word doc
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 12:32:21 PM »
    Joleen .......I found this info , but you probably have already been there ......

http://www.intertek.org.uk/downloads/

http://itvibe.com/news/1162/ ..... this one looks interesting. It may just do the trick .

Cheers

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 01:17:39 PM »
    Thanks dl.  I had been to the first site along with several other pay options.  I'd much rather it be free.  The second option did not work, I think MS has patched that little hole.

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 03:00:25 PM »

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 06:45:25 AM »
    Thanks again, that site with the 'free version' showed me the title of the document then wanted me to pay for the rest.  I think I have a .torrent coming down the pipe that will fix the issue.

Thanks again all.

Joleen

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 11:41:42 AM »
    Ok.. a mystery CH God (you know who you are) is the winner and my new best friend.  He was able to provide a version of software (.10) for a serial I already had.  I couldn't apply my serial as the only version I could find was .20.  Without giving too much away, many thanks.