Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 2017 times)

I Shooter

Topic Starter

Hopeful

What happened?
    « on: November 24, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
    Some time back my wifes computer when it was down loading some up dates from Microsoft things went bad. It would not finish up dating them. I wold get the Configuring updates stage 1 of 3 0 % complete. This kept up for about six hours. I tried starting in safe mode and that only made things worse. No matter what I did it looked like I was in safe mode but it didn't say safe mode. Since I coldn't get any thing to work I reinstalled Vista and all the other stuff that she had on her computer. All was fine till Friday. It was down loading up dates then shut down the computer and the same thing happened. I let it stay in the Configuring updates step 1 of 3 0% compleat over night and the desk top was there the next morning. I coldn't get on the net, use the restore program or any others. I tried to shut down the computer and it went back to the Configuring updates mode again. Oh, Windows Live One Care shut down and wold not work. I reinstalled Vista and put all the stuff back on her computer. This time I changed virus protection to Avast. When I was down loading some of her pictures I got a worning that I had malware and it confined it to the chest. Was this problem caused by the up dates from Microsoft or was there a bug and One care didn't pick it up?