Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fake E-Mails  (Read 5397 times)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Fake E-Mails
« on: April 02, 2005, 07:08:25 AM »
Hey everyone! I just want to let you all know that people are starting to send-out FAKE E-Mails stating that they are from Microsoft again... I got two of them in my Inbox today, so if you get ANY E-Mails from Microsoft containing a "patch", then scan it BEFORE downloading it! It turns out that they wanted me to download a "security patch", which was actually a virus... Just for the heck of saying it, there was no security patch even available on Microsoft... Be careful... There are a lot of freaks out there...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

Re: Fake E-Mails
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 01:55:14 PM »
Microsoft DONT SEND EMAILS TO ANYONE!..............May i suggest you have a look at the firewalls...........you have >>and the isp your are using..........do you have any p2p programs.....if so dump them!! run a system scan for the usual.............worms...etc..also check out your remote access..........program........winxp/he...visit blackviper:)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 01:58:41 PM »
Hey Merlin! Long time no hear! lol  Actually, I joined the Microsoft Mailing list... (official) ... Somehow, these goons from a fake place got the address.... The Microsoft newsletter is for media, etc.  Also, Yahoo! deleted the virus(es) from the E-Mail before I opened it... Thanks for the concern! ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 02:07:01 PM »
  HI flame still trucking m8...Maybe sub-seven............anything to do with m$oft the crackers love it.........what a magic film people should have a look at .........anti-trust..........worth a view..........

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
Agreed! lol    ;D  I should have sent those E-Mails to Microsoft... It'll take a few more of them off the net.  8)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Corrosive

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 02:16:40 PM »
The spamhauses won't have 'gotten' the domain name from Microsoft - they'd have spoofed it. Not difficult to do or spot.