Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connecting using wireless  (Read 5062 times)

ace1973

Topic Starter

Starter

connecting using wireless
    « on: November 30, 2008, 09:08:10 AM »
    I have just bought a toshiba latop, I have followed the instructions and connected it to my belkin router, the internet works fine when still connected to the router but I can't get connected wirelessly. The wireless switch is turned on and stays a orange colour. I tried using the radar option but get the message " this wireless network device is disabled. please turn on the device " what am I missing, how do I turn it on????

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: connecting using wireless
      « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »
      "when still connected to the router"...hardwired?  Check the manual for your laptop / see if that wireless light is supposed to stay orange / check device manager to see if the wireless card is disabled, if so enable it [right-click  the wireless card and choose "enable"].

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

ace1973

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:55:39 AM »
        when connected and not connected get the same message, nothing in manual its useless, cant find the wireless card?

ace1973

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »
          sorted, I needed to download updated driver. All connected. cheers for the help.