Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: accessing yahoo email via Netscape  (Read 4731 times)

wonderer

accessing yahoo email via Netscape
« on: April 02, 2005, 09:35:35 AM »
Having trouble accessing my email in Yahoo through Netscape 7.0 even though I am putting in the right username and password.  They said to ask for a new password, but when I submitted the birthdate and zip code, it rejected that, too!  :(

The Help said to "clear cookies" or "clear cache".  What does that have to do with retrieving email?   I can retrieve it using Internet Explorer browser.

Don't know what "clear cookies and cache" means or where to find them ...they didn't give a clue.     :)

Thanks a lot for any help.

W

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: accessing yahoo email via Netscape
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 03:32:11 PM »
Bring up IE, then click Tools, then Internet Options. From the screen presented, click Delete Cookies and Clear History. Cookies are just little text files that hold information for a particular site. They can be a pain, but they also hold info like sign-ons to sites so you don't have to sign in everytime. The history (cache) maintains a list of all the sites you've been to. For privacy reasons, cleaning out this does no harm and is actually recommended.

Your cookies and/or history could be corrupt. Cleaning them out will allow you to reset them.

Hope this helps.
8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

wonderer

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 04:27:32 PM »
Sidewinder

Did as you suggested and went back in Netscape to try and retrieve...still not recognizing my password for Yahoo mail.  

I can retrieve and send in Internet Explorer though.  
Any other ideas how to reset password in Netscape?

Isn't there a question I answered that they can verify and reset from that?

wonderer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 04:37:08 PM »
Hay, Sidewinder

I went into Tools in Netscape and  "unblocked" cookies.  It said cookies couldn't be blocked for that site or something.  After I did that, I was able to get into my email.
Does that mean I can't block any cookies in Yahoo?

Under Privacy and Security settings it gives you options on
cookies.  Apparently, I changed those and it affected getting email in Yahoo.  Hmmm.  

W

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 04:48:37 PM »
IE works the same way.  If you block cookies, you can't access.