Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Start Up Problem!  (Read 1670 times)

GeneralPsycho5

Start Up Problem!
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »
I was browsing the internet when all of a sudden my mouse stopped moving.  I tried clicking buttons, etc. to get it going again.  It did, for about 3 seconds then my screen went black.  A blue screen came up and then was gone and my computer restarted.  Now, it doesn't get to the windows loading screen even.  All it does is it goes through the loading of hardware and then gets to another page where it says it is

"Verifying DMI Pool Data...."

"A Disk Read error occured
Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

The verifying DMI pool data has always showed up but is usually followed by success.  Now I have tried booting from the XP CD i have and doing recovery.  I get through the blue screen that says "Press R to launch recovery" I press 'R' it examines the disk configuration then goes to a black screen that says

"Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console.
The recovery console provide system repair and recovery functionality
Type exit to quit the recovery console and restart the computer"

C:\>

i type help and it gives the list of commands and the only one I really recognize from my computer class that I think might help is CHKDSK.  So i type that in and it says

"The Volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems"

Anyone know what the heck happened?  If you must know what I did with my computer I turned it on and logged in to check my email on yahoo; that's it.

Any ideas?

fgdn17

Hopeful

Re: Start Up Problem!
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »
    appears as if the disk may have got hosed....if you can, remove the disk and take to another system, install as a slave disk, and if it is seen run chkdsk /r on it...if it isn't seen on the other system...then...good luck..

rebel214

Beginner
    • They call me the "rebel"...
      Re: Start Up Problem!
      « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »

You can also try running Hard disk diagnostics from your drive manufacturer to verify if your drive is defective..... :)

Everything has it's own place, in proper time...