Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Winweb Security  (Read 3223 times)

ingramtonya

Winweb Security
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »
THis program Winweb security showed up on my computer.  I don't remember downloading this and neither does my husband.  It is not in the "add/remove program" section.  When I want to try to stop it from beginning with start up the program wants me to activate it.  When I click to not activate, it says "are you shure? You will continue unprotected."  It misspells the word "sure" and so I feel it is a virus.  I had Norton anti-virus and it was up to date but for the last month I have been unable to open the main console to it.  So, I deleted the norton and downloaded Trend Micro Internet Security (since I had already bought it for another computer).  I use the Trend Micro to scan the computer and it does not show any viruses.  This winweb security continues to pop up while I am using my laptop and wanting me to activate it.  I sent an e-mail to them asking how to remove it.  I have not heard from them yet.  please help

my info:
windows xp version 5.1 service pack 3
Toshiba satellite
1.60 GHz  504 MB of RAM
Intel

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List