Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 9800gtx+ video quality  (Read 2055 times)

HotCrossBuns156

Topic Starter

Starter

9800gtx+ video quality
    « on: December 03, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
    I've recently clenched a 32" samsung 720P HDTV(3 series w/ integrated speakers) from my local Fry's and I happened to grab a 9800gtx+ with an HDMI adapter as well. The television's native resolution is 1366 x 768 however, after installing all of the latest drivers setting the native resolution has become literally impossible. the hdmi cable is a male to male and the video card has an hdmi adapter to go on top of either of its two DVI slots. I can only set the screen resolution to 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1600 x 900, and 1920 x 1080 (each of them gives me a blurry and extremely unstatisfying picture). I find this very intriguing because if i just set up the standard dvi cable, i can set up the native resolution easily. PLEASE help me get to the bottom of this, anybody.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 9800gtx+ video quality
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 03:44:34 PM »
    Sounds like the PnP feature is not recognizing your display with that adapter, but PnP is working for direct DVI ( PnP = Plug n Play ) just in case you didnt know.

I'd contact the video card MFR support to see if they can provide you with a way to manually override the systems PnP feature to customize it to the correct native res for the HDMI setup with HDMI to DVI