Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I cant retrieve the previous Administrator's Password  (Read 2813 times)

babyggurl35

Topic Starter

I cant retrieve the previous Administrator's Password
    « on: December 01, 2008, 04:07:43 PM »
    I purchased a Dell pc system (with monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers) from a law firm the was going out of business, and placed it in storage for a few months. I recently tried to use it for the first time, and discovered that it is still set up with the company's administrative rights and limitations. I managed to get past the username and password part, but once logged onto the home screen, I cannot go to Enternet Explorer, make any changes to the system or anything else because it tells me that I need administrative rights / password, and that is impossible to retieve! Someone told me to try and re-install the Windows XP, but when I tried to un-install Windows, it said Windows was successfully un-installed, but it was NOT. Im so frustrated!! I cant go to the company for help because they have since closed the firm for good.  Also when I restart the pc, it BEGINS loading from the WINDOWS page (with the blue dots going across the bottom) so I cant access the option to start Windows in SAFE MODE.  Please help me, I dont know what to do.

P.S. I also have the Windows XP SP2 reboot cd, but it didnt seem to do anything. 

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: I cant retrieve the previous Administrator's Password
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »
    but when I tried to un-install Windows
    You don't uninstall Windows.
    You need Windows XP CD to perform clean Windows install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

babyggurl35

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
      Thanks Broni, someone gave me the wrong info. I will try the clean windows install...wish me luck!  ;)

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
      Good luck :)
      Let us know.