Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer isn't recognizing my hardware in the PCI slots, or my network card  (Read 2366 times)

NazAnderson

Topic Starter

I just recently bought a custom built computer from my friend and installed a new hard drive due to problems on the old one. Now the wireless card, sound card and built in ethernet card do not show up in the device manager. I'm not sure at all what could be the problem. I tried installing all of the drivers that I recieved with the computer, but still no luck. I can't even get on the internet with it to install different drivers. If anyone could help me that would be great! It is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro motherboard if this is needed information. Thanks alot guys!!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Did you re-install the motherboard drivers ? ?
    They will be on the Gigabyte Driver CD you should have gotten...
    If you didn't travel to their website.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

NazAnderson

Topic Starter

I did no recieve the motherboard driver disk. I went to the Gigabyte web page, but I have no clue what drivers I need.. ??? Would I need the chipset drivers??

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Yes.
      The Ethernet drivers should be in the chipset package...
      However if you install the chipset drivers and the ethernet is still outt there may be a seperate driver for it

Or call your friend and get the CD. Nice thing about the CD is you have them when needed and it usually installs all that are needed for operation..
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "